Hello from my hot apartment. I'm so glad that we have fans because we don't have air conditioning. Well most of you know that I'm trying to get a housekeeping job at a new hotel here in the 'Burg. I took in my resume about a week and a half ago. Ricky has been telling me to go back in and try to get my name in there so I can get hired, but I've been so intimidated. I feel so awkward going into a place and asking if they have filled the position. But I decided that I just need to do it and so... I did! I walked in and was waiting for the head housekeeping lady to come talk to me when some guy(who worked there) came to me and asked if I was here for an interview. I told him that I was here checking if the positions had been filled and that I had already turned in my resume. He told me that they needed a lot of people and to act confident and that would most likely get the job. Weird but good advice. The head housekeeping lady said that she was talking with the GM about how many people she could hire, that I was in her "stack" and that she would call me for an interview. With my school schedule I would probably best fill the night position which is from 5pm to 11pm. It starts at $8 an hour and I'm super excited. I think it would be fun.
Speaking of school, it starts on september 9th and I've already signed up for classes. I'll be taking 12 credits. I am teaching in the preschool this semester so that should be fun. I think I'm excited? I can't wait to get the preschool lab over.
Ricky is doing good. He is working hard. He just did a job performance assessment which means that he could get a raise. That would be cool. He is going to get 9 days off coming up. The plans so far are to go visit Jackson Hole and maybe go to Lagoon Park in Utah. And the rest of the time we will be golfing!! YAY!
Life has been pretty good lately. Nothing too exciting. I saw my former roommate Jeanie a couple weeks ago. It was nice to see her. I have this awesome walking dvd. So far I love it. I got a new one today that should help with my tummy. Ricky is going to be trying this workout thing called Insanity. He was looking at it the other day and I think that he is crazy for wanting to try it. So we will see how it goes. Anyway, it's time to wrap it up. Talk later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment