Thursday, July 29, 2010

Today's doctor appointment

So today I went in to the doctor's because the last time I went in, she said my thyroid was overactive and she put me on some meds for it. Well I sort of had a period earlier this month and so she also took blood this time for a day 21 progesterone test. Day 21 was yesterday or the day before so it was still in range to take the blood. She told me to stop taking the spironolactone and see if I have a period on my own. I made an appointment to go back for my yearly exam on August 30th. I also have to make an appointment to go get my neck ultrasound-ed (is that really a word??). I have this weird nodule (that's what she called it) on the upper left side of my neck(thyroid). She doesn't think it's too serious but just wants to be sure what it is. If everything goes ok with that and the blood results are good then she is going to start me on Clomid. This medicine will help me ovulate. Apparently, it is very cheap now and used to be very expensive. Usually it takes about 3 months to really get things going. I would take it on days 3-7 of my cycle. I think that is all.

5 comments:

  1. The stuff works!! I had that prescription shortly after our birth control fail to get things more regulated and now...well...we find out gender in 2 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I'm glad that I know someone who it has worked for! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works for you! I know you are trying so hard! I am always praying for you! I love you tons! Are you still planning on visiting next week? We would love to have you over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will happen for you! And I will be so excited for you guys when it does!

    ReplyDelete