Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe

A few people have been asking me about the recipe for my mom's casserole. Here it is:
-2 chicken breasts, boiled for 20 minutes or until 160 degrees on thermometer, then cut up in bite size pieces
-2 cups cooked rice
-1 bunch of broccoli, cut up and cooked for 5 minutes or 1 bag of frozen broccoli cuts microwaved
Mix together!
Sauce:
-1 can Cream of Chicken soup
-1 cup of Hellman's maionaise
-1 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese (you may want to go up to 2 cups on this)
-2 tsp curry powder
Mix the sauce together and see if you need to add anything.
Pour sauce over chicken, rice and broccoli in large bowl, mix well. If there seems to be enough sauce, pour in pan, or dish. (if not mix up more sauce)
Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.

I think I put about 2 cups of cheese in mine the other day. Let me know if you like it! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do. It's almost like a comfort food for me. A little piece of home while I'm away from my mom. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment