Saturday, August 7, 2010
August Adventures
I can't believe that it is August already! This year has flown by so fast! An update on the trying to concieve part of our lives: I had the ultrasound on my neck and I have a nodule on the left side of my thyroid as well as a smaller one on the right side. The radiologist as well as my doctor thinks that I should get a CT scan to figure out what's going on. Me, I'm not so sure. If I have to pay for it then I probably won't do. My mom thinks that I should go see an endocrinologist. *Sigh* I was supposed to have a period on tuesday of this week but it never came which was kindof nice because Ricky and I were on vacation (more info below). All week long, I've felt sick to my stomach, not really nausea but just a general achy stomach and lots of cramps. I'm still waiting to see if I've actually started yet because today and yesterday it felt like I had started and was on my period. It's the worst feeling in the world. Ricky thinks that my stomach hurts because we were on vacation and not eating well and not drinking enough water. We had lots of fun on our vacation. We went down to Utah on monday, saw Grandpa Hillock and Katie and Rhet. We went to a buffet with Katie and Rhet and then went back to their house. Grandpa is doing good. He was moved to Rehab on wednesday. He was retaining water in his arms but moving around in rehab should help a lot. On tuesday, we had breakfast with Grandma and we went golfing with cousin Justin and then went to the Living Aquarium in Sandy, UT. We had lots of fun golfing. I hit my knee on the golf cart and then later on the last hole I fell out of the golf cart. Ricky dropped a club sock and I was trying to pick it up while the cart was still moving. I missed but pushed it forward so I got another chance to grab it. Ricky thought that I had already grabbed it so he started turning around to go back to the hole. That's when I fell out and back and hit my head. I was laughing so hard. Ricky rushed over to me saying that he was really sorry and made sure I was ok. After a quick nap at grandma Johnson's house we went to the Living Aquarium. We took lots of pictures of the penguin, shark and octopus feeding. It was really hot in the aquarium but really cool looking at all of the fish. On wednesday, we went to 7 Peaks. It was tons of fun. We went down a couple slides and did the Vortex and the Boomerang. The boomerang was not my idea. It was basically a huge half pipe and we went up and back pretty much sideways. Scary but kindof fun. We went in wave pool and then decided it was time for some lunch. We were in the line waiting for our burgers when it decided to rain. We left after our lunch even though it had stopped raining. We again took a nap and then went out for dinner at this awesome place in Provo. It's called the Steakhouse. Yummy!! We then had ice cream with Katie and Rhet. On thursday, we had breakfast with grandma and then we went to Trafalga and then Temple Square. At Trafalga we did 2 rounds of mini golf (I won) and then lots of arcade games. It was really cool to see the sights at Temple Square and the Conference Center. We also checked out IKEA before we went to Temple Square. We came away with a huge print of a blossom branch, a hamper, a broom/dustpan, and some nice sewing scissors. All of my pictures are on Facebook if you want to check them out. Well, it's getting late in the day and I haven't done much. Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looks like you got to do a lot of stuff while you were in Utah. I hope you had tons of fun!!!!
ReplyDelete