
Day 7- my wedding
Well, this could be a really long post. Ricky and I got married on August 22, 2008. That morning was pretty hectic. My family and I(there are 6 of us) share one full bathroom. We woke up to realize that my dress was kindof wrinkly so my mom and I were frantically trying to unwrinkle it while getting ready. Ricky's parents, grandma and two of his aunts were there for the wedding. Ricky and I got married in the Nauvoo Illinois Temple. Nauvoo is about 3 hours away from where I lived in St. Louis. We got married about 2 in the afternoon and did pictures right after. For some reason, everyone was all about the whole "the groom can't see the bride until the wedding" thing so we all were trying to get dressed in a visitor's center close to the temple. Ricky has always been faster at getting ready than me so he beat me to the temple. I was so frustrated and kindof miffed at all the craziness and that I was late for my own wedding. So I had to take some calming, "It's going to be alright" type breaths before I entered the temple. Then we got dressed, got married, and then changed a little more for pictures. We did pictures outside and around the temple, and at this little bed and breakfast type place. The B&B was owned by our photographer's brother (I think?) Then Ricky and I went to our hotel (that was pretty stinking awesome!) and everyone else went back to St. Louis. It was an awesome day that I will never forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment