This Christmas has been really awesome. It came so fast! Just about a week after school ended too. This year, my in-laws decided that we should give gifts to the local crisis center instead of giving gifts to each other. We also decided to all pitch in money for the National Guard down where Justin(Ricky's cousin that passed away) used to serve. We put in money in a memorial under his name for families of servicemen and women who are struggling. We got some really nice gifts this year. We got up early yesterday to open gifts with each other. Ricky got me 2 WillowTree Figurines, 2 cds-the new Josh Groban one and the new Rascal Flatts one, the LDS Family Hymnbook and an earring and necklace set. I got Ricky a butterfinger, some Sweet Strip mints, and the new X-Box 360. We then went to his parent's house. We got them a wodden plaque that I painted and put vinyl lettering on. It read, "Because someone we love is in Heaven, we feel heaven in our home" Needless to say, they loved it. They got us gifts. I got a welcome mat, Momma Mia Blu-ray, the game Blokus, and 2 giftcards (one for Porters and one for Downeast Basics-my favorite store!), a plug-in Scentsy and 3 smells, golf shoes, and the computer game Peggle! Ricky got 2 pairs of pants for work, the game Epic Mickey for the Wii, a gift certificate for his favorite restaurant, Gringo's, and a golf bag cart. The cart was a combined christmas and birthday present for Ricky. We had a yummy breakfast there, waffles, bacon, sausage. My in-laws even bought me my own syrup because I don't like the syrup that they use. It is very thin and super sweet. We hung out and Ricky tried out his new Wii game. We went home and I took a nice nap. Ricky set up his new X-Box and played some games. We had dinner with his parents. They had a friend named Susan. She was alone for Christmas. We had ham, green beans, cheesy potatoes, and rolls. After dinner, I talked with my family and then Ricky, his parents and I played Super Mario Brothers for the Wii.
Before we got to mom and dad Johnson's house for dinner, I had an Epiphany! It came all of a sudden. I just thought, "It's ok for me to be happy for those who are pregnant because one day, I will have a family and it will be better. Not because one family is better than another but because it will be mine". The minute I thought that, my life was instantly brighter. I put it on the dry erase board on the fridge so I can keep saying it to myself and totally change my outlook on life. I know that it will be hard to see newborns or cute pregnant ladies but I can be ok with it now.
I'm excited for classes next semester...which starts next week! I'm taking a baking class which should be fun. I'm also taking a young adult literature class, intro to social work, introductory foods, and parent education/child guidance. It's 13 credits total but that means I will have 13 credits for the fall 2011 semester. I got an a-, 2 b+'s and a b this last semester in school. I loved the preschool and my Building an Eternal Marriage class. I had a lot of fun with the kids. It made me miss being at the daycare I used to work at. Though, on some days I wanted to pull my hair out. But that's kids for ya!
Ricky has been doing good at work. The assistant managers all switched "jobs". Ricky used to be the produce manager but now he is the people manager. He is in charge of making all of the schedules for the employees. He just did his first one so I'm sure he will get used to it. Ricky has to work on New Year's eve again this year, so if anyone wants to hang out... LOL.
Well, this post is getting long and it's getting really late. Ricky went to be a long time ago because he has to work at 6am! Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your classes sound so fun! It makes me miss school (in the "I'm glad I don't really have to go to school anymore" sense.)
ReplyDelete