Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving break







Here is how our Thanksgiving break went. We left for St. Louis on sunday the 21st. We hit a bad snow storm in Wyoming. We couldn't see hardly at all and were only going about 10 or 15 miles an hour when we pulled off. We stayed in Laramie, WY and in the morning started off for St. Louis again. After we got to Cheyenne, the roads were dry and clear. We pulled into my parent's house around midnight. We went golfing on tuesday and then just hung out for most of the day. On wednesday, Ricky and I went to the Science Center. If you have never been there here is their website (http://www.slsc.org/). Ricky had a ton of fun there. His favorite parts were the building structures and the Grossology. He loved putting together a bridge and an arch. Unfortunately, the arch wouldn't stay up for me to take a picture of it. It was rainy and "cold" while we were there. "Cold" means the temperature in the 30's. Here in Rexburg it is already below 20. Thursday(Thanksgiving), we went down to Nashville, TN to visit my mom's side of the family. It was pretty rainy around Paducah, Kentucky and we stopped for a bathroom break. There was a young man that worked for the local tv station there. He interviewed my dad and Ricky for the news. I have the link for the news story they did. http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Drivers-brave-holiday-wind-and-rain.html The driver they quoted at the end is Ricky. We had a ton of food at my Uncle's house. I went Black Friday shopping for the first time this year. We didn't get much. I got some fabric to try to finish my Christmas quilt (which is another story). I also got some stuff for the preschool. We left my Uncle's house later that day. Saturday, my family had a small Christmas and then we went out to dinner. My sister got me a yoga mat and Ricky some golf balls. My mom and dad got Ricky some clothes for work and I got the main Nativity set from Willow Tree. They also got us a starter 72 hour kit. Ricky told me that he almost cried when we opened the Nativity Willow Tree. My brother got us a gift card to Chili's. We left for home on sunday morning. The roads were great and we decided to stop because it was really windy. We stopped for the night in Cheyenne. We woke up in the morning to find the highway between Cheyenne and Laramie was closed. We decided that we were going to go down through Denver, CO and across to Price, UT and up to Rexburg. We got in around midnight and I had to get up at 6:30am for school. And that's our eventful trip. The roads were clear except through the mountain passes and once we pulled off the highway in Rexburg.
My Christmas quilt story will have to wait for another night. I'm really tired and I'm getting a headache. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment